A few months ago, I discovered the free app, TwoGrand. I thought it would be helpful in my journey to finally shed this excess weight I’ve carried most of my life, especially since I also started the Trim Healthy Mama plan around that time.
I’m not getting paid to write this but I am taking part in a contest, and one way to earn entries is to write a blog post. Just being upfront…BUT I’ve actually wanted to write one anyway, because I just love this little app!
What is the TwoGrand App?
- It’s like an Instagram food journal. You can take pictures of your meals, snacks and beverages or if you forget and dig in before you can take a picture, no worries. Just do a text entry.
- You can track your exercise each week, if you’re into that sort of thing. I’m kind of hit-and-miss with the exercise, but I can also look back and see if I shed pounds the weeks I do manage to exercise.
- Keeping track of your water intake is super easy with TwoGrand as well. When you first sign up you can have the app calculate how much water you should be drinking for your weight. Then do your best to fill up that cute little water drop icon by logging your water intake throughout the day!
- You can change the background colors too. If you’re super organized and want to post all your weight-related things, you can choose a pink background to make them easy to find later, for example.
- You can add links to recipes, and most people are pretty good about sharing pins and links to amazing recipes.
- You can find people who share your particular lifestyle…vegan, wholefoods, on a budget, whatever. If you choose to, you can answer a series of questions and TwoGrand will help you find people with similar interests, age, weight and weight goals.
- There is an amazing, supportive and positive community of users to help support you in your journey to better health!
- Every week you are treated to an Email of Awesomness, where you just might be featured! They choose not only posts about great weight loss success, but also posts about being real…like maybe someone who had a really bad day and ate a whole gallon of ice cream…and wanted to be accountable for that.
- The TwoGrand Email of Awesomeness also features gorgeous photos and recipes from the previous week’s entries. Lots of inspiration there!
TwoGrand is very popular within the Trim Healthy Mama community and it’s a great source of inspiration for plan-friendly meal, dessert, beverage and snack ideas.
What Do I Like About TwoGrand?
I’ve been very impressed with TwoGrand. It’s easy to use and has really helped me these last few months. I’ve learned a few things about myself…such as:
- I feel better when I don’t eat as much dairy
- My body often says “I’m hungry!” when it really means “I’m tired!”
- I don’t drink enough water most days
- When I start my days off with higher-carb E meals, I just want to eat all day long
- When I start my days off with higher-(healthy)fat S meals, I am satisfied longer and don’t feel like eating everything in the house
- My body totally thanks me when I eat salmon, quinoa and something green
Like all apps, there may be a glitch or two now and then. The very few times I’ve had issues with TwoGrand (like once or twice), the developers were super quick to help me resolve the problem. They also appreciate feedback and ideas to improve the app. I’ve emailed a few ideas to them, then they responded that the ideas were already in the works.
Over all, this is probably the most-used app on my phone. I get teased a lot for taking photos of my meals all the time. But, I don’t care! It’s really helping me meet my fitness goals and I say when something works, stick with it no matter what everyone else thinks!
Part of the rules for the blog post entry is to share why I am thankful for TwoGrand, so here goes:
I’m thankful for TwoGrand because this hand-held awesomeness is really helping me stay accountable for what I eat (or don’t eat) and has been an integral part of my recent success in shedding 31 pounds…which is, in turn, changing my life for the better. For free, y’all!
If you are a Trim Healthy Mama with a smartphone and want a fun, easy way to stay accountable, then you’ll want to get TwoGrand. If you do, be sure to look me up – I’m @OhSweetMercy. I do my best to follow back, and love meeting new people from all over the world who are, often, right where I am. It’s great being able to support each other as we work toward a healthier lifestyle!
I won! I won! I won a Mug of Awesomeness!!
Totally made my day.
TwoGrand is awesome!